What Is Low Back Pain and How Is It Treated?
Back pain is known as one of the most common health complaints. According to statistics, over 85 percent of people experience back pain at least once in their lives. There are many different causes of this type of pain, and the most common include:
- Muscle strains
- Spine and back injuries
- Skeletal irregularities
- Arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
- Herniated or bulging disks
In most cases, back pain is not a serious health issue and does not indicate any disease. Therefore, usually, it disappears itself without any special treatment after a few weeks. However, for back pain that doesn’t go away on its own, it is time to see a a chiropractor, like ours here at Advanced Chiropractic Center.
The Most Common Chiropractic Treatments for Back Pain
After an exam is completed, our chiropractor may suggest one of the following chiropractic treatments:
- Manual manipulation and spinal manipulation. Our chiropractic specialist uses firm, but gentle, pressure to guide the joints and spine back into alignment to reduce the pain and irritation. The purpose of spinal manipulation is not only to alleviate pain, but also to prevent it from returning in the future.
- Soft tissue manipulative techniques. This type of chiropractic care is very effective at doing the following: alleviating back pain, joint inflammation, and muscle spasms.
- Massage therapy. It is effective for loosening tight muscles, reducing pain caused by tension and stress, and improving circulation in the soft tissues.
- Lifestyle changes. For some patients, it is enough to make some changes and get rid of unhealthy habits. You should visit our chiropractor who will explain to you what kind of changes you may need.
- Therapeutic exercises and stretches. A chiropractor will teach you what stretches and exercises you can do at home in order to reduce the pain and improve muscle strength.
- Nutrition counseling. Overweight people often experience lower back pain because their weight puts pressure on the back muscles. Chiropractors help patients control their weight and avoid weight gain.
Advanced Chiropractic Center, Inc. in Golden Valley, MN
Advanced Chiropractic Center, Inc. located in Golden Valley, MN serves patients with a variety of health issues, including low back pain. Our mission is not only to help our patients lessen their pain, but also to put them in charge of their own health. We help their bodies to create long-lasting solutions for different chronic and acute health conditions. If you have any questions about the treatments we offer or you want to schedule an appointment with one of the chiropractors, feel free to check our website or give us a call.