Whiplash is a common occurrence after a car crash. While whiplash is a comparatively mild condition, it can culminate into debilitating pain and discomfort in the long run. With this in mind, it is prudent to seek treatment from a qualified chiropractor immediately after a car accident or when you suspect you have a whiplash injury.
Do you suspect you have whiplash in Golden Valley, MN? Please book an appointment with Advanced Chiropractic Center, Inc. for effective treatment. We offer a holistic approach to treating injuries for whole-body wellness.
What Is Whiplash?
When the impact of an accident causes your head to jerk suddenly, this action damages your neck's tendons and ligaments. Whiplash can culminate in neck and head pain, taking an extended period to heal if left untreated or diagnosed improperly.
The common symptoms of whiplash include:
- • Tenderness in the neck and shoulders
- • Blurry vision
- • Limited range of motion
- • Insomnia
- • Neck pain and stiffness
- • Pain radiating from shoulders or arms
- • Jaw pain (prevailing temporomandibular joint symptoms)
- • Headaches
If you suspect you have a whiplash injury, seek treatment immediately. A whiplash injury may not exhibit symptoms immediately after the impact. In fact, in most cases, symptoms show after 24 hours or several days have passed. Instead of assuming you are alright, book an appointment with a chiropractor for effective treatment.
Common Causes of Whiplash
Apart from a rear-end car collision, one can get a whiplash injury from other incidents, including:
- • Contact sports like rugby, football spearing
- • Horse riding accident
- • Falling off a bicycle
- • Physical abuse
How Does a Chiropractor Help with Whiplash?
Upon undertaking a comprehensive assessment of a patient, our chiropractor at Advanced Chiropractic Center, Inc. may devise varied chiropractic techniques, including:
- • Spinal adjustment: The impact of an accident may misalign your spinal joints, leading to pain and other discomforts. Spinal manipulation repositions your misaligned joints to trigger the body's self-healing mechanism.
- • Massage therapy: This therapy suppresses pain and inflammation by relaxing tense muscles.
- • Stretches and exercises: Chiropractic exercises reduce stiffness and pain and add tenacity to your muscles to prevent future injuries.
- • Nutrition counseling: Our professional chiropractor will advise on a diet that will maintain the health of your body and suppress inflammation.
If you have whiplash, you don't have to rely on painkillers for pain relief. These medications can be addictive, and they don't address the root cause of the pain. Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor to find a long-lasting solution for your injury.
Where Can I Find Chiropractic Care for Whiplash Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is the ultimate remedy for whiplash. Have you recently been involved in an auto accident? Don't hesitate to contact our chiropractic team at Advanced Chiropractic Center, Inc. in Golden Valley, MN, for effective treatment. Call us today at (763) 542-1141.